Tuesday, November 21, 2017

HOLIDAY NAPKINS--NOT FOR ME!


       My sister, Deborah, had a piece on Facebook about not being able to find decorative Thanksgiving table napkins. It just reminded me how I have never cared for them as in my opinion they were never absorbent due to the print,etc.

          It did remind me of a full service gas station years ago on the northeast corner of South Center and old highway 30 in Marshalltown, Iowa. In the late 1990's, I went there on ocassion for lunch as they had good burgers and they played "Oldies!"

        One thing that I thought was clever was just putting out on each booth and table a big role of white paper towels. I will be the first to admit that a big role of Brawny or Bounty would not go over well at a beautifully set Holiday table or 5 Star Bistro. But, it was nice to never anyone for another napkin and if you tend to be a little messy like myself, it was ingenious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment