Sunday, March 19, 2017

THE RUSSIANS COULD NOT FIND ME!


        I have written about all my favorite places on the farm where I grew up to play and that were "hideouts." I had all kinds of places that could be designated as hideouts--the cave, hay lofts in our barn, the area above our detached garage, the "ditch" near the northwest corner of the farm and my top secret hideout.

       This hide-out could have never been found and not even by the Russians our big enemy back in the 1950's. The quarter mile south was  where the road that went by our house met the road that went west one mile to highway 14. About 50-100 yards from that corner was a square concrete culvert that ran under that road from one side to the other. With water running through it on occasion and dropping down a few feet into a creek, it was like a small waterfall. 

        Maybe you have been a little disappointed in my hide-out, but, it was mine and mine only. Believe me, they never could have found me, not even those bad Ruskies!  

No comments:

Post a Comment