Saturday, March 25, 2017

IDEAL BAKERY & THOSE CREAM PUFFS!


       This past week someone posted on Facebook a video recipe for making homemade vanilla cream puffs! It took me immediately back to the Ideal Bakery on the south side of  West Main near the Tremont complex  in Marshalltown, Iowa back in the 1950's. 

        While in Marshalltown, for whatever reason and usually the last thing before returning home, my mother would make a quick stop at Ideal Bakery the best bakery in six counties around! No matter what she purchased, I knew I was in for a real treat. Especially, if she brought home a few "cream puffs"-chocolate or vanilla!

       You would think a kid would be partial to chocolate right? Not me. I really was fond of the vanilla ones. Back then, they weren't some little winky light weight puffs. No sir! They were bigger than your fist and you better be prepared when you took that first bite. That vanilla pudding would just keep coming. Oh my!

        

No comments:

Post a Comment