Sunday, March 5, 2017

I MISS THE LIKES OF WALTER CRONKITE!


     My Grandma Smith, in her later years and living at the South Ridge Nursing home in Marshalltown, Iowa, loved watching baseball and  her favorite Chicago Cubs. She didn't like watching football and especially basketball because the players were "moving too fast."

       She was in her 90's when she made that statement and I am only in my early 70's, but, I can relate only in a different way. My problem is with commentators on a lot of the cable news networks. Why do so many of them have to talk extremely fast(and loud) and on top of that they have several of them on one show and they continuously are interrupting one another and over talking each other. 

         Maybe old age is catching  up with me, but, I remember when newsmen like Chet Huntley, Edward R. Murrow, and Walter Cronkite were giving the nightly news. It didn't seem like they were talking like they had to catch a train or plane and weren't shouting at you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment