Wednesday, March 8, 2017

IT WASN'T A COONSKIN CAP!


         The other morning as I was driving downtown Williamsburg, I spotted these three ladies out for their morning walk. One lady appeared to be wearing what I remembered as a Davy Crockett Coonskin cap without the tail. When the show was popular back in the late 1950's on the Disney Hour, Davy Crockett was a hero to every young boy in America. During that time, I possessed one of those hats with great pride. 

         As I drove closer to the group of ladies, I realized that the one lady was not wearing a "Coonskin cap," but, it appeared to simply be her own hair. She had extremely thick hair that must have been streaked or whatever the term is. At least she provided a warm memory, if only for a fleeting moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment