Sunday, September 6, 2015

YOU ARE NOT INVISIBLE!


     This past week at the Burg Grocery, we had a big time, sort-of, theft of some liquor. A big guy, who no one had ever seen came in and was purchasing a 2 liter bottle of 7-UP. He indicated that he had forgotten his wallet and was going out to his car to get it.

       One of the staff  noticed the liquor bottles sticking out of his front pockets and followed him out and got his license number as he drove off. The police came,  got his description and license number, but, the number did not match the color of the car. Crime not solved yet.

     For some reason it reminded me for years in Marshalltown I would go into this particular Kum & Go and buy a beverage in a yellow plastic cup that I always carried with me. On one occasion, I did not have my cup and just bought a can of Diet Coke.

      The same guy that usually waited on me said-"Mister. I have noticed you coming in for years and buying a soft drink or coffee in that yellow cup, but, this is the first time I have ever seen you actually buy something in a can." Never think that someone is not noticing!

No comments:

Post a Comment