Sunday, September 27, 2015

LONG OVERDUE MEAL W/ CHEF BOYARDEE!


     After an enjoyable afternoon at Kinnick Stadium and watching my Hawkeyes, it was evening back home in Williamsburg and time to also enjoy an evening meal.

      Ilah was with a friend attending a high school state band contest and so it was just up to Dennis to pick the evening meal. Actually, it usually is. I stopped off at the Burg Grocery and picked up something I hadn't had for decades. Chef Boyardee pizza mix in the box.

     A lady in the store had bought it and it got me thinking. Of course. I do love actually making a pizza and rolling out the dough and shaping it and so forth. No, I don't throw it in the  air and spin it. I add a few of my own favorite toppings like peperoni, green pepper and lots of extra mozzarella. Oh shoot! I forgot my mild sweet banana peppers. Next time.

    I was not disappointed. It tasted great and looked great. I was weaned on "The Chef" back in the late 1950's when my mother would make this pizza on a Friday or Saturday night. I will definitely  have the CHEF back at my house soon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment