Sunday, September 20, 2015

PLAYING BACHELOR FOR WEEK-END!


     This week-end Ilah went to Ida Grove to celebrate her friend Kathy's birthday. When she goes to visit, it always gives me the chance to do some things I wouldn't normally do if she was home. Well, that is not necessarily true.

      It only means I get to turn the TV up louder than normal while watching my favorite sports teams. I am not messier while she is gone or get up later than usual. It pretty much boils down to eating. I am sure you pretty much guessed that. Ilah is not a big fan of our local Oriental eatery so I stopped there Friday night and took home my favorite Sweet and Sour Pork.

       For Saturday morning breakfast I had my little sizzler's with country style  gravy over homemade biscuits.Then it was near time to sit back and enjoy watching my Cubs squeak out a win over the Cardinals.

      Then at halftime of the Iowa Hawkeyes-Pitt football game Saturday evening, I pan fried a huge Porterhouse steak with baked potato. The disappointing thing about that big steak is I can't eat it all anymore like I used to. Oh well! A steak sandwich in line during the coming week. But, what was great , Iowa won the game with a 50 yard plus field goal and no time remaining.

      Now today is Sunday and my Cubs are on again this PM and I'll probably have a breakfast type brunch before game time. Even if Cubs do lose today it has been a pleasant week-end. Maybe I'll consider sitting outside, listen to the game, and bask in this glorious sunshine filled day. 

     


      

No comments:

Post a Comment