Saturday, August 2, 2014

WHAT HAPPENED TO VANILLA ICE-CREAM?

A few years ago, it was lunch-time, and I found myself at the Marshall Town Center and a fast food place called Blimpie's. It's long gone but was pretty good and I thought better than Subway. I digress.

I was in line for my usual Italian sub which consisted of meats that ended in vowels along with a some black olives, sweet peppers, and of course provolone cheese.

Moving along the line and near the end was the potato chip display. I scanned for my normal Lay's regular "Classic" chip. It was not in sight. There were several other choices like cheddar, BBQ flavors, chive and on and on. No plain chips!!

The young lady behind the counter. who appeared to be in her late teens, was ready to take my money. I inquired about the plain chips. I will never forget her reply.  "Oh!" she said. I believe we have some of those "those" in the back and I've tried them. They're quite good!

I rest my case. There are becoming too many choices and the one that started it all is slowly lost in the stampede.

No comments:

Post a Comment