Sunday, August 17, 2014

GUILY OF INSIDER TRADING-SORT OF!

Everybody by now knows about the price of beef. Around the Burg you would think Gold just hit $10,000 an ounce. Expensive steaks have not been moving real well.  Having the luxury of working at the Burg grocery, I keep an eye on different items that go on sale, coupons and so on. The other day I had an in- store coupon for a free pound of bananas. I bought 3 small ones and had to only pay  a penny. The clerk kicked in the extra from the penny bowl next to the register. Such a deal! 

A few of the Porterhouse steaks that didn't sell at over $10 a pound were reduced again and was aware when they were being reduced one more time. Timing as they say is everything. I went in this AM and scooped up two of those babies for $4 a pound. So they were aging a little. So am I. My step- dad once, after I pointed out some doubtful looking cheese in their refrigerator, "hey you know how penicillan is made." 

Sometimes, it's nice to catch the market at it's LOW. Eating it will be my HIGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment