Saturday, August 2, 2014

REALIZING THERE ARE CONSEQUENCES TO FALLING!

One day, while still in my early fifties, I was cleaning windows on this home for a guy in Marshalltown. On this particular day I had used a small step stool to get onto and stand on an air-conditioner unit outside a window. After cleaning the it,  I turned and thought about just jumping down. Only two or three feet. Right?

But, something called to me and said; "Don't do it Dennis." That was the first time in my life that my bodies warning  system must have kicked in and protected me from harm. The computer in my brain quickly programmed my age, height of the jump, along with the probability of possible injury. It was like the robet in LOST IN SPACE. Warning! Warning! 

I did appreciate the warning in time but, didn't like that it was the beginning of a new chapter in my life that I wasn't sure I cared for!

No comments:

Post a Comment