Saturday, August 23, 2014

LIKE YOU KNOW MAN!

Somehow the conversation started with the word "Like."
A lady, while assisting her out at the Burg Grocery, asked if I noticed how many times "young folks" used the word LIKE. She was watching a young man being interviewed on T.V. and used the word 17 times. (Can't believe she kept track.)

I agreed, then mentioned about the word "opportunity." At an awards ceremony, someone is always thanking someone else for the great "opportunity" given them blah-blah-blah. Before that we must have used the phrase "given the chance."

Then the lady brought up about someone being interviewed and is asked a certain question and replies; "That's a very good question." Just a way to buy time to come up with an answer I guess! 

Then, I had to bring up my personal favorite from FOX NEWS.
They are always saying. "Fair and Balanced." Don't you assume it should be anyway? I know. Some of you believe the "Main Stream Media" doesn't do that. I still find it funny!

This lady thanked me for the "in-depth" conversation and we agreed to do it again on her next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment