Wednesday, August 6, 2014

IOWA STATE FAIR_CAN YOU DIG IT!

It's almost time for the biggest event the state of Iowa will put on for the entire year. No,  it's not the Iowa-Iowa State football game. 

I love the State Fair. Been going to it off and on for most of my life time. It must be the energy, the people, the action. It just seems to take on a life of its own. For ten days it is where it is HAPPENING! 

I don't spenf the amount of time there as I used to nor do I eat the amount of food I used to. But, I love going there to just be a part of something exceptionally special.

This year the plan is to go on a Wednesday afternoon and for sure eat my favorite food-a Gizmo(Italian sausage sandwich) near the Bill Riley stage. Maybe just maybe a pork chop on a stick(wern't real good last year) and for sure a Wonder Bar before leaving. 

Will ride the Sky Glider to view the Fair and all its lights and sights from above. Plan on meeting a close friend, Jerry Roberts, to watch one of the many free stage shows.This one being-Hotel California-Tribute to the Eagles. Yes! I can dig it!

No comments:

Post a Comment