Friday, August 29, 2014

COOKING FOR ONE-DIFFICULT?

     It seems like I'm always hearing at the check-out counter in the Burg Grocery, "It's so hard to cook for one!" I've really never understood that statement entirely.

     To me it's pretty simple. You just plan a meal of something you like, in my case REALLY like, and go from there. You just think small, buy small, and prepare small. If there is something left over, you pitch it, freeze it or god forbid save it as a left-over. I've always said that the refrigerator is a place you put food until you decide to dispose of it. Kind of a Purgatory!

     Several years ago, I was living by myself and had no problem planning meals. Of course, I look at eating differently than most. To me, at the end of the day, the evening meal was something to look forward to as a reward and pleasure not just because I was hungry.

     Sometimes, after work I would call my sister and would ask what she was having for supper. She would say something like a slice of left-over pizza. I always felt a little guilty, if I told her what I was having. 

     I never felt alone eating by my-self either. It was me and something that I really liked.  Maybe, Mr. Pork Chop was my guest that evening. Even now, if my significant is gone for some evening, I simply prepare something that that she does not care for, but, that I do! Remember! It's all in your attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment