Sunday, February 1, 2015

GILBERT INGRAHAM-WAITED TOO LONG!

      Sometimes our lessons in life come with a price and too late. Recently, after exchanging photos and items of interest that involved our parents, I came to a realization very quickly.

     My classmate, Donna Ingraham Wernberg, and I have been exchanging old pictures and other memorabilia of our parents who attended school together at Laurel, Iowa. I didn't realize until lately, how good of friends our dads were in school. as they had graduated together.

     Gilbert lived on his farm and lived there well into his late 90's. and was always in good health. Living so close to him in Marshalltown for many years, I missed the  opportunity to have gone to visit with Gilbert and recorded stories about my dad and family. 

     If you have such an opportunity now, don't let it pass you by. Some of those great stories will be gone forever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment