Tuesday, July 18, 2017

USUALLY KEPT MY COOL--BUT!


       Back in my selling real estate days, I recall,on one occasion, where I lost my temper during a presentation of an offer to a seller along with the listing agent. The first thing out of the seller's mouth was the suggestion that I should consider "cutting" my commission.

          I did not reply at the time, but, simply "slammed" my brief case shut and proceeded to walk out of the office where the meeting took place. The listing agent followed me out and convinced me to return and continue on with the negotiation. 

          After that there was no more mention of cutting anyone's commission and I was able to put the "deal" together! It may not been the best tactic to use at the time, but, the sound of that brief case slamming shut seemed to get everyone's attention and to know that I was not going to be intimidated!

No comments:

Post a Comment