Sunday, July 16, 2017

NEW EATERY-JUST HOP, SKIP & A JUMP!


      This late AM, Sunday July 16,,2017, I shot uo to North Liberty after almost falling asleep during the new Planet of the Apes movie. (another story) For those of you who aren't familiar with this part of the state, North Liberty lies due north of Corrallville/Iowa City area just a few short miles and just off Interstate #

       I was given a tip about the Blue Bird Cafe up there and how good the brunch was. I had been to the Blue Bird in Iowa City a few years ago. The one there is located just northeast of the Iowa City loop and reminds you of a neighborhood eatery in a much larger city complete with outdoor/sidewalk dining. 

        Their place in North Liberty is located in a strip mall and somewhat the usual suburb setting. At 11:45 AM the place was packed complete with an overspill waiting outside. I marched right in like I owned the place and with Luck-of-the Irish, I was immediately seated at the counter with the only spot available!

        While I waited for my much anticipated Eggs Benedict, I gave a  slice of Lemon Cheesecake a try. Dessert first. Why not? I also studied their menu further while waiting for potential future visits. There it was! A Crab-Cake Po'Boy. Maybe one day after an Iowa Hawkeye football game!

No comments:

Post a Comment