Saturday, July 1, 2017

LIKE A LITTLE KID!


       This past week I made a dessert item that I spotted in BH&G. It was one of the most mouth wattering treats I had seen in a long time. I am not into making desserts because that's all I need to do to keep my weight in check--somewhat!

         But this one was calling to me and I rose to the challenge. It was in the June issue and was called "Peaches & Cream Prosecco  Cake!" I gave it a whirl without the Prosecco and another added attraction to this dessert was the fact that Missouri Peaches just came in to season. Most know that the Missouri Peaches are THE best. 

         So as not to give into this three layer white cake, I did take it into work on Friday,6/30/2017, to share with fellow employees. It dissappeared quickly. Thank goodness. I will say that I had no business making such a huge dessert, but, making it was challenging and fun at the same time. Especially in making the frosting. 

      I have to admit at my age of 73, I have never made a frosting of any kind from scratch--only out of a can. The most fun was beating the heavy cream and cream cheese mixture with my hand mixer and waiting for the stiff "peaks" to form.  I may just do this from time to time for kicks. Going from  thick liquid to the end result was like magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment