Friday, July 7, 2017

TAYLOR'S MAID-RITE/KEPT MOUTH SHUT!


        Yesterday I stopped in to my favorite sandwich shop while in Marshalltown. Of course I'm talking about Taylor's Maid-Rite. I had my usual one with everything and decided on a Vanilla Malt with a double shot of malt which I have not indulged in a long time with my diet getting in the way. 

         When near finishing, some guy down the counter stood up and announced that he had been coming to Taylor's for over 60 years. It took me an instant to realize that I probably have been going there for close to 70 years. Although, I'm not sure exactly when my folks took me to the original place across the street. 

        For once I decided to keep my mouth shut and not let the world know how old I am even though there was the temptation to trump the other guys story. Yes sir! Sometimes you just need to stay silent.  

No comments:

Post a Comment