Sunday, July 2, 2017

OLDER MEN & SUICIDE!


      This past week. in the Des Moines Register there was a column "Dear Abby" dealing with "Suicide rate among older men overlooked!" It got my attention as I guess I am an older man.

      It dealt with the fact that men don't express their feelings like women do and that suicide rates are double for men over 70 than the overall rate. Two things that made me feel OK with myself is that I still thoroughly enjoy eating and cooking for myself- maybe a little too much. 

       Plus, I never just sit around feeling lonely and sorry for myself. I look forward to doing new things and going to new places. The big key is if you hear me just talk about eating  left-overs and only walking around the Burg in circles, better call the guys in the "White Suits!"

No comments:

Post a Comment