Saturday, July 15, 2017

SISTER DORIS/ HER CONVERTIBLE!


      Earlier this summer, I wrote a story about a local lady her convertible and my sister Deborah and her Mustang rag-top. One thing I forgot to include was the new 1959 Chevy convertible that my sister Doris owned in that late decade. That car was cool also. It was sea mist green with a white top. That year of Chevy had those big sweeping rear tail wings. 

        In addition, my mother had a four door hard-top white 1959 Chevy at the same time. To keep their hair from blowing around, the ladies wore "scarfs" at the time and not base-ball caps. I suppose there were those that just let their hair blow in the wind. My biggest thrill was being able to take that convertible to a school prom. What a thrill! 

No comments:

Post a Comment