Friday, July 28, 2017

CLYDE EDDY WOULD HAVE LOVED IT!


      This past Sunday at the NSCAR Brickyard 400 and  the Indianapolis Speedway, one thought swept through my mind when those drivers started up their engines. Since I had attended by myself and the adjacent seat was not taken, my only thought was how much enjoyment my late brother-in-law, Clyde Eddy would have had that day.

           If it would have been possible he would have been my first choice to join me at this or any big time NSCAR race. Some of my fondest memories as a young teenager were attending several stock car races with him at Knoxville and Newton, Iowa on those famous dirt tracks. 

          I remember so well sitting in the infield at Knoxville in his pick-up very late into the evening while he attended to one of the racing teams with his extraordinary mechanical skills. When all those 40 cars were started, it took me immediately back to those very fond memories. I almost began to cry and not in a bad way! I only hope that Clyde will join me for many more racing thrills!

No comments:

Post a Comment