Tuesday, July 18, 2017

REMEMBER MOVIE SHANE?


        This past Sunday night I watched the western movie "Shane" on the Turner Classic Channel. It originally was released in 1953 and starred Alan Ladd. It was filmed and the backdrop setting was the Teton's in Wyoming and in color.

         That year or so, my family was vacationing in Colorado and we saw the movie in Colrado Springs, Colorado. I was only nine or ten at the time and didn't remember too much about it. At the end their was a big gun showdown between Alan Ladd and the famous "bad guy" actor Jack Palance. 

        After all those years, I thought I remembered the showdown scene as out in the street in front of the saloon. It was actually done inside. Amazing how your memory can change over time. It was one of the western classics! 

No comments:

Post a Comment