Tuesday, July 4, 2017

GREAT BURGER BUT NO FRENCH DRESSING!

       
       Back in May there was an article in the Des Moines Register outlining the Best burger in Iowa by the Iowa Cattlemen's Association. One of the top ten was a place in North Liberty and close to my home in Williamsburg called the Beer Burger.

      I decided it was time to gie ita try and after attending the last performance of "The Million Dollar Quartet" at the Old Creamery Theatre in Amana, I headed east and to give this top burger place a go!

        The place sits on the western edge of town in a fairly new area. Walking in to the restaurant one is hit with several big screen TV's as is the norm today along with the open kitchen, stark concrete floors and all metal table and chairs for "Low Maintainace."

        One thing for sure was that my plain cheeseburger was extremely good as billed, but one thing I found for a burger joint in eastern Iowa was that they didn't have French nor Thousand Island Dressing. Yet, they had a dozen other types of dressings. Really? They also touted Shakes, but, when asked if they made Malts the answer was no! I'll pass.

          Despite the fact that the burger was very tasty,I'll probably not go back. My own word would be that it is just a little too "Slick." I guess I'm past the new trendy/in places. Give me that little cozy old fashion place in some small town or not that has just good "comfort food."


       Don't get me wrong. If you can suggest a "fancy spancy" place with really good food and a fair value, I will be right there to give it a try. But, as long as there are places like That Place near Conrad, Iowa with the best Prime Rib in the state that's where you will find me.


       

No comments:

Post a Comment