Tuesday, July 4, 2017

THIRD TIME WAS A CHARM!



        Sunday afternoon, July 2, 2017 I attended for the third time the performance of the "Million Dollar Quartet" at the Old Creamery Theatre in Amana, Iowa. I had seen it a week ago or so,but, as my sister Doris couldn't attend due to a back ailment, I was allowed to use the ticket again at a future performance.

     I had no problem watching it again for the third time(1st time a year ago) as the story about the first and only time that Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins(Blue Suede Shoes), and Johnny Cash appeared together at Sun Records in Memphis, Tennessee on December, 4, 1956 with Sam Phillips their founder. 

      This musical put on by local actors is top quality and the premise is at a time when R&R was getting its start. Being a lover of live music and theater, I could probably watch this performance over and over for many more times. I hope it returns again soon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment