Wednesday, June 7, 2017

SO EXCITED/1ST BRICKYARD 400!


     I feel like a little kid. I just ordered,( the old fashion way-ticket office via telephone, )a ticket to my first NSCAR race ever at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Speedway, Indiana. The race will be held on Sunday July 23, 2017.

     Years ago when the Indy 500 was king, I attended 15 or 16 Indy "500" races at the Speedway. I have never and  always wanted to experience the "big cars" at a NSCAR racing event. I just never could get anyone interested in attending with me so therefore just never went. 

        I did go to one such race in Newton, Iowa, but, I wanted to experience "all" at one of the larger tracks. I had thought about going to the Chicagoland 400 held in September. But, then it dawned on me. Why not attend a NSCAR race at a track that is considered the most famous of "all" motor racing tracks. Also, I have learned I don't need someone to go with me for anything--events or travel! Can't wait! "Gentlemen get ready to start your engines!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment