Thursday, June 15, 2017

"SHE WAS FROM NEW YORK CITY!"


        I helped a young lady with her groceries at the Burg Grocery yesterday and her license plate read "The Empire State"--New York.  She was here visiting her grand-mother. My first question I asked her was where exactly did she live. Her response was a small town just east of New York City and just north of the New Jersey state line. 

        I mentioned that I had been in the City and up-state a few times plus Bergan County, New Jersey(just west of the City and Hudson River.) It is always fun to talk to people from other areas of the country and when you can relate to that area.

        And, I wasn't really surprised when she confessed that she loves living out there even with all the traffic and congestion.  I did somewhat understand as I lived in West Des Moines for 30 years. Several friends and relatives that lived in smaller communities or in rural areas just couldn't imagine it. 

        One positive way I look at living in Iowa and a small community is I am in the middle of the country and can go in any direction with ease and I am only six blocks from the grocery store!!! PS. Could thing we all don't want to live in the same area.     

No comments:

Post a Comment