Sunday, June 4, 2017

IRISH DANCERS-ICING ON THE CAKE!


       After my brunch at the Pullman Bar and Grill and about 10 AM, I headed down to the Ped Mall area before then going to my car and leaving Iowa City. To my surprise and amazement was a young group of ladies/girls that were beginning a performance of dance on a stage at the Ped Mall area. The group was called Champagne from the Academy of Irish Dance. 

        What a treat it was to sit on a warm Sunday morning and be entertained by these talented young ladies, youngest four years old, with their dance and Irish music. Sometimes I wonder if I truly love this type of dance and music because of my Irish heritage or because I just love good music and talented dance. When I first saw  the production of "River Dance," it was hard to contain my feelings. What a pleasant way to end an enjoyable brunch and stroll through scenic downtown Iowa City, also, on the last day of their Art Festival. Wow!

      

No comments:

Post a Comment