Friday, December 30, 2016

ZENO'S RIGHT HERE IN THE BURG!


       Sometimes when we move to a new community, we have to say good-bye to our favorite eateries back home until, at least, we come back for a visit. A few years ago when moving to Williamsburg, Iowa, I had to leave one of my favorite pizza places that was the place I had my first pizza back in the 1950's--Zeno's.

       However, after yesterday and having lunch at our local pizza place, Pizza Haus, right here in down-town Williamsburg, I have changed my mind for sure. For $7.50 you can have all the sliced pizza of various kinds that you want, large drink, salad bar, and home made cookies and/or cinnamon rolls. Such a deal! And, while sitting there and eating my slices of pepperoni, I am convinced that I like this New York thin sliced pizza better than Zeno's. 

         Don't get me wrong, when back in Marshalltown, I will, if the ocassion arises, look forward to going down memory lane at Zeno's. If you are ever in eastern Iowa and maybe shopping at Tanger Outlet Mall or taking in an Iowa Hawkeye sporting event, give strong consideration to coming on in to Williamsburg for lunch at the Pizza Haus. You will not be disappointed. Now, if I could just move Taylor's Maid Rite down here!

No comments:

Post a Comment