Wednesday, July 18, 2018

NO NO! YOU DON'T DO THAT!


         The other day I spotted someone with a shirt that had just "Colorado" on the front. Years ago, an old friend, Don Brittin,  was responsible for introducing me to down hill skiing and Indy 500 auto racing. 

          He was an expert skier and always dressed the part with cool skiing attire. I remember him telling me once that when skiing in Colorado, for example, one never ever just wore a garment that simply said "Ski Colorado." Oh, No! And, you were to never wear something that said "Ski Vail."  No, No! 

           What you were to do, according to Don, was wear something that said or had on it---"Dead Man Run" or Black Diamond Killer!" That way when someone would point at your shirt and inquire, you would, in a flippant manner, respond----"Well, Yail, of course!" After that, I never could buy just a plain shirt or hat that JUST had the state name on it. What a snob! 

                

No comments:

Post a Comment