Wednesday, July 18, 2018

I'LL SHOW YOU MINE IF YOU---------!


       I'm not sure if the average out-of-towner has ever heard of a long time Italian Eatery called Orlando's at 4337 Park Avenue  on the south-side of Des Moines, Iowa. While visiting my close friend, Penny Holtz, for the week-end, she introduced me to this long time Italain restaurant. 

       Even though I had lived in Des Moines for nearly 30 years, I never had the pleasure of giving this long time favorite Plain Jane a try. It was well worth the wait. I had a a thin pepperoni pizza which was unbelievable and maybe the best Greek Salad I have ever had.

        Saturday noon, after attending an auction in Belle Plaine, we drove to Prairie City and one my favorite all time "Comfort Food" spots called Goldie's. Their tenderloin are one the best in Central Iowa along with all their homemade sides and ice-cream. This little joint a few years ago was voted the FOURTH  Best restaurant in a contest by public voting in the Des Moines Register. It received fourth best among the likes of 801 Chop House and Sam and Gabes. 

                
    

No comments:

Post a Comment