Sunday, December 30, 2018

STROLLING IN ALPACA!


       A guy walked up to my Demo area at the Westlakes Hy-Vee yesterday sporting a below the knee green Alpaca overcoat. It was very cool! . He indicated that it came from Sweden and I'm sure was quite expensive. The thing we seemed to have in common during our short conversation was our desire to wear clothing just a little different than the other guy. 

        I mentioned to him that my mother had bought me a Alpaca knee length winter coat when I was just a teen from a men's clothing store in Newton, Iowa named Wehrman's. (sp) And, years later in the mid 1990's and living in Marshalltown, Iowa, I advertised for an old wool coat in the local pennysaver and one gentleman who responded had a full length Alpaca/Cashmere coat and I bought it from him for $40.00. Today that coat would big bucks no doubt! Maybe someday again!  

         

No comments:

Post a Comment