Tuesday, December 25, 2018

NEPHEW CHRIS, BENNY & THE JETS @X-MAS


       Yesterday while doing some last minute Christmas shopping at the Valley West shopping center in West Des Moines, I found myself venturing down to the lower level of Von Maur Department store. Near the escalator was a lady playing Christmas music on a piano. 

            Years ago, while visiting my sister Deborah at Christmas at her home in Indiana, I sat with my very young, early teens,  nephew, Chris, while he played Christmas music and some very lovely classical pieces. He had learned to play at a very young age and was quite gifted. 

            When he had completed a particular number, I asked him very seriously, of course, if he knew "Benny and the Jets by Elton John." He actually stopped a moment, gave it some thought and played the first few bars. The following year he actually had the sheet music to it and played it all the way through. Later on, he did play with a band on keyboards. I only wished that I would have had the opportunity to watch him play!  

          I was tempted to had asked the lady at Von Maur if she knew "Benny and the Jets."

No comments:

Post a Comment