Sunday, September 9, 2018

THERE IS A HEAVEN part 3


          That same day, Wednesday (8/29/20180)at around  lunch time , we were headed west on route 1804 and were entering the town of Garrison. I mentioned to Doris that I wanted to go into its downtown and scout a local "Eatery!" 

       Bingo! I spotted a little place called "The Old Malt Shop." It looked and was decorated like something out of the 1950's. Did I mention that the town bills itself as the "Walleye Capital of the World." It's part due to its proximity to Millie Lacs in Minnesota a popular Walleye lake.

           Well,  guess what? Walleye is my favorite fish and the Old Malt Shop just happened to have it on its menu for lunch.  We both had it pan fried and it was out of this world. The lady that owned the place also had several home-made dessert items like brownies that we both passed on. Too much of a good thing!  More to come about this hidden jewel and state of no respect!

No comments:

Post a Comment