Wednesday, September 19, 2018

MY AUNT MARY-REMEMBERED IN ODD WAY!


          Everyone that knows me knows of my fondness and love  for my Aunt Mary Laverty. Well, today while shopping at the new Hy-Vee in downtown Des Moines, I had the same check-out lady as I did early this morning while there. I mentioned we had to stop meeting like this, but, at least I could do was buy her some flowers.

         She just blurted out that she only liked those arrangements that looked like they were picked from a "ditch" or a "meadow!" I immediately got goose-bumps. That was one of my fondest memories of my aunts ability with floral arranging. 

         Throughout  my lifetime when buying flowers, I would tell the clerk that I wanted an arrangement just like my Aunt Mary would have preferred- just like those beauties picked from a country road ditch or nearby meadow.   

No comments:

Post a Comment