Sunday, September 9, 2018

THERE IS A HEAVEN part 2


        On day two, Wednesday,  (8/29/2018), of our North Dakota tour started out in the early morning traveling west on I-94 then on just a ways west of Bismarck. Somewhere heading north off I-94 and wanting to stay close to the Missouri River we were all of sudden was on this lightly gravel road. I knew as long as my compass said we were headed north and Big Mo was to my right we were OK.

               My ultimate goal was to go north and make it around the northeast corner of one of the biggest made made lakes in America--Lake Sakakawea in the Fort Berthold Reservation. We would then head west to the Teddy Roosevelt National Park.

           Somewhere along the way we stopped and asked a Park Ranger where we could go to get right next to the Missouri River. This important stop and questioning, led us to one of the most beautiful scenic spots I have witnessed on my many many years of travel.

       The Ranger informed us to head back about 3 miles to a boat ramp and the River would be just a few hundred yards from there. It was majestic and on such a glorious sun shiny and brisk day! I have never witnessed that wide of any river in this country with absolutely no visible sign of any anything man made- just shear natural beauty. I could actually visualize Lewis and Clark in their keel-boat and entire entourage floating before me in all their glory. I will never forget that moment. -------- stay tuned for more.   

         

        

No comments:

Post a Comment