Friday, February 1, 2019

AN OPTIMISTIC MEMORY!


       When I was young boy and just coming out from a Junior High basketball game at near-by Van Cleve, Iowa, I came to a quick realization. As I was boarding the school bus to return the seven mile journey back to Laurel I gazed upon one beautiful sunset.

        The time of year was late January and near the date of my birthday--the 27th. The realization that I very quickly realized or learned was that the days were becoming much lighter this time of year and the winter darkness was shorting.

            From that time on and when the subject of "winter darkness" was discussed, I would bring up the fact that by this time of year it was getting lighter and Spring was just around the corner.  Sometimes it's just how you look at things!

No comments:

Post a Comment