Sunday, February 3, 2019

A FASHION SHOCK!


            Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed living in Williamsburg, Iowa and all that a small rural community has to offer. On the other hand, I really have enjoyed moving back to West Des Moines with all its diversity of people and a "different" kind of affluence. 

           One observation I had was concerning my own apparel. I was still wearing cargo pants before the move, but, quickly realized that most me who are fairly well dressed were wearing nothing but "Levis" jeans. The only thing I still find ridiculous, even while still in Williamsburg, are those brown pointy shoes that men are now wearing. 

           In my day, you never wore brown shoes with a suit or shoes that appeared to be a size or two too big. I think it's one of the things that when men look back they won't believe they went out in public with them on. One other note. What about men's suits that look like they were washed by mistake and shrunk down a couple of sizes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment